Tuesday 9 February 2010

Gate Street Barn and Wedding Photography offer

Today I visited Gate Street Barn in Bramley. http://www.gatestreetbarn.com/gallery.htm It's a stunning barn wedding venue in the Surrey Hills. I was met by Jane Hutley, the owner who showed me around the very quirky complex. I say quirky as I was expecting a Barn and nothing more but Gate Street Barn had so many hidden gems, including a secret garden which is actually part of Jane's garden but she kindly allows Brides and Grooms to use it for photo's. The Barn also boasts beautiful landscaped gardens and views of the working organic farm and a herd of English longhorn cattle. I was told that the photogenic cattle quite often pose with the wedding couples!

It's built in a traditional style, using wood from the oak trees that were lost in the 1987 hurricane but it's really light (a photographers dream), with lots of glass panels and different areas so you can really make your wedding day unique.

After leaving the venue and driving the back roads home, I was astounded by the amount of Pheasants, I think I did an emergency stop at least five times to avoid taking them out. They just seem to plop out of the hedgerow and wander in front of the car. I know that I live in the country again now and I should be used to the wildlife but it still amazes me how Pheasants really are quite nonchalant.


SPECIAL OFFER

I'm very excited to be able to offer a substantial booking discount to the first wedding couple that books me in conjunction with Gate Street Barn, Bramley, Surrey.  So please do get in touch with me emailme@zoecollyerphotography.co.uk to hear more or Jane if you like to arrange a viewing at the barn. info@gatestreetbarn.com

Here's some pictures of Basil the Jack Russell, belonging to Jane who had a busy day of gardening scheduled and the gardeners Lurcher (who I have to say I'm a little bit in love with).

There are also some pictures of the venue and the setting. For more detailed images, please go to the Gate Street Barn website.



























No comments: